Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Sister's Coleslaw

Coleslaw

I've had non-stop family members visiting me, since late September, and you'd think, with all those people, restaurants, and meals being cooked and served, I'd have a ton of blog posts, but it's actually been the exact opposite. Too busy yakking, laughing, running errands, moving suitcases from one area to another, and pooping out at the end of every day.

I did manage to capture a close up of my sister's cole slaw recipe. She said when she brings this to any potluck or luncheon, the bowl is scraped clean. It's good -- not knock your socks off good, but good -- and better than your typical coleslaw, that's certain.

Weezie's Cole Slaw

1 bag of coleslaw with dressing packet*
1 bunch of diced green onions
1 handful of pecans
1 handful of dried cranberries
1 thinly shaved apple

*I had a bag of shredded cabbage, but no dressing package. I made my own coleslaw dressing.

Toss all together, dump in a bowl, and serve.

2 comments:

  1. I love coleslaw. Last week we ate at a very famous BBQ joint here in DC and their coleslaw was terrible. Horrible even! They put peas in it and fennel seed which was so shocking to have coleslaw taste like Italian sausage. Very surprising for a good BBQ joint. Oh well. I should send them here for a better recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peas and fennel in sausage?! What on earth?! Blech. Cole slaw is the easiest dressing ever. Pity so few make it correctly.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE SHARE YOUR VALUABLE OPINION WITH THE WORLD. INQUIRING MINDS, MOSTLY MINE, WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.