Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Blahs. Making a list.


It has rained in Northern California non-stop since Friday, and I'm talking the kind of driving rain that sends it under the door jams, including hail, and tree branchs raining down on your head. I never went out of the house for the three day weekend and never put on a bra or clothes, either.
I was slumming it, in a big way, baking beans, bread, and making an unusual French Toast (more bread, natch). That comes later. For now, here' s a list for a wet Tuesday, nicked from Gigi at Life's a Beach:

1. Make a list of things you can see without getting up.

Everything in this tiny, cluttered office, and a partially consumed glass of Tejava iced tea from Friday of last week, which sat on my desk for the entire three day weekend. No grey stuff floating on it yet.

2. Favorite football team.

None. Wouldn' t know one team from another.

3. What are you wearing now?

Brown herringbone slacks, beige blouse, beige flats.

4. What color is your bedroom?

Wall paint? White. Color scheme? Kind of a persimmon/apricot tone.

5. What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading?

I just finished "The Loved One" (1948) by Evelyn Waugh. My BF just bought me the PostSecret book for my birthday, and a few others. Those are next. I have several stacks of swapped books to read.

6. Do you nap a lot?

It depends on the season and whether I stayed up late the night before. As a rule, not frequently, but when I do, it's for a long time. Like two hours or more.

7. Who was the last person you hugged?

My BF.

8. What’s your current obsession/addiction?

I'm learning to use SecondLife. I've never been a gamer, but this site is just fascinating.

9. What is the last thing you said outloud?

I'll check his calendar and call you later with his availability.

10. What web sites do you always visit when you go online?

Tastespotting, MyUntoldSecrets, Twitter, SpaFlyer, Flickr, Google news, and most everyone on my iGoogle homepage.

11. What was the last thing you bought?

Retail, a case of Tejava bottled tea. Consumer, a latte.

12. What are you listening to right now?

The hum of flourescent lights, the woosh of a small area fan. I don't play music at work. I get bombarded with noise all day so I don't like to add to it.

13. What is something you wish you could do more?

Travel and read.

14. If you could have any super power, what would it be?

Flight

15. What is your favorite weather, and why?

It's easier to say I don't like being hot, because I can't stand any moisture on my body from perspiration. If my forehead beads up with perspiration, I literally feel like my day is ruined and I'll take constant showers until it stops. The other seasons, I love the crisp smell and colors of fall, I like the breezy colors and rainy days of Spring, I like the quiet of winter, I like the buzz and warmth of summer. I just don't like to be hot.

16. What time do you usually get up?

7:00 to 7:30

17. What is your most challenging goal right now?

Organizing years worth of archival paperwork for taxes and other business related matters.

18. Say something to the person who tagged you.

Nobody tagged me, I took the list from GiGi because I know perfect strangers want to know what time of day I get up out of bed. Hello GiGi.

19. If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?

Only one? I'd rather sell it and get several small places in key areas throughout the world so that I can go to where the seaons suit me best. No matter what, though, I need water nearby. Rivers, lakes, streams, ocean.

20. Favorite vacation spot?

Anywhere with the laughter of my family, on the beaches of Hawaii with my family, or, the next destination, in my dreams.

21. What is your favorite children’s book?

Harriett the Spy and all the Mrs Piggle Wiggle books.

22. Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you.

Bread and butter on the table and fried-until-almost-black bologna on Wonder bread.

23. If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be?

I don't know. I'd have to think about it so I can make the best use of the limited time for the meeting. Solve a mystery maybe, ask a question that helps mankind. So much responsibility comes with this one.

24. Have you ever met anyone famous? If so who?

A few people, yes. I wasn't impressed by their celebrity status. They met ME at the same time and when they blog about me, I'll blog about them.

25. If you could have any job in the world , what would it be?

Mr. Roarke's job on Fantasy Island, or a place with complete control of a Holodeck, available to me, my family, my friends, my guests, so I can make everyone happy, even if only a few hours at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE SHARE YOUR VALUABLE OPINION WITH THE WORLD. INQUIRING MINDS, MOSTLY MINE, WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.