Thursday, March 13, 2008

Simple Suppers: One Egg Crepe and Roasted Vegetables



I really dislike thick omelettes. Restaurant menus everywhere boast our "thick and fluffy 4 egg omelettes." Who eats 4 eggs at a sitting, before the fillings have even been added? Blechh. Ideally, I like ONE egg, thin and fine, like a crepe. At most, two eggs.
I made a loaf of focaccia tonight (recipe and pics to follow) and used 1 egg to brush the top of the loaf. With the remaining egg, I spread it quite thinly in a pan which had a moment prior, been used to saute fresh herbs, and cooked the ideal omelette in the remaining butter and herb residue. Very thin and herb-y.

Served with roasted veggies (clearing out the bin -- they were about to give over to mush any day) and fresh herbs from my garden, and few drops of basil infused oil to be all artsy fartsy and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE SHARE YOUR VALUABLE OPINION WITH THE WORLD. INQUIRING MINDS, MOSTLY MINE, WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.