Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mini Brioche French Toast

So Damn Good

Mini Brioche French Toast

Looks like a huge plate of it, doesn't it? Nope! Made with a leftover brioche dinner roll.

1 small brioche dinner roll
1 egg
1 teaspoon fat free half and half
1 dash of nutmeg
2 pats of butter spread
2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
1 teaspoon powdered sugar

Beat the egg, half and half, nutmeg and any other spices you like, slice the brioche dinner roll and dip into egg custard, and sautee in a pat of butter spread until golden brown. Top with another pat of butter spread and SF maple syrup.

My friend Dottie in PA has always recommended the sugar free maple syrup from the East Coast based Waffle House chain. I found a bottle online and purchased it, and boy, was she right. That stuff is just plain AWESOME. No fake flavor whatever, and no nasty after-effects of the sugar alcohols.

As soon as my bottle is gone, Dottie, I'm afraid I'll need to send you on an errand. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that looks amazing! After making brioche for the first time a few weeks ago for a TWD recipe, I am hooked...that a decadent breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really trying to screw up my courage to try DG's brioche bread. I'm afraid of the huge investment of time and wasting my ingredients. That said, I'm captivated by her description of the stringy moist texture -- that's what I wanted when I purchased these brioche rolls. Clearly though, they were not "it" and were better suited for french toast rolls.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE SHARE YOUR VALUABLE OPINION WITH THE WORLD. INQUIRING MINDS, MOSTLY MINE, WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.